Stags in the Community
Working with AFC Totton in supporting the local area and its residents
Stags in the Community is a bespoke Community Interest Company promoting and delivering AFC Totton’s commitment to support the local community.
- Support the local community
- Engage people through sport
- Provide innovative and inclusive opportunities
- Signpost to specialist support and care agencies
- Increase awareness of causes / symptoms / effects of things which marginalise, isolate and exclude
In accordance with the Charity Act 2011, to be granted charitable status in law, an organisation must demonstrate its charitable purposes. Stags in the Community purposes will be that we are established for the public benefit for the;
- Prevention or Relief of Poverty by working together with partners to provide support to those financially isolated or excluded within the community.
- Advancement of Education by working with local schools and business / community partners to support education through extra-curricular national curriculum activities and assisting schools in promoting sporting attributes (teamwork, perseverance, commitment, effort)
- Advancement of Health by supporting NHS and Care professionals in developing and promoting educational programmes (better understanding mental health, dementia support), networks for signposting to specialist care providers when required and Active Living programmes for those impacted by marginalised health conditions.
- Advancement of citizenship or community development by promoting civic responsibility and good citizenship through not only the schools programme, but also working with bodies such as Hampshire Police to provide support programmes and opportunities designed to reduce anti-social behaviour and community crime, leading to volunteer experiences working with community groups to create a better community.
- Advancement of Amateur Sport by developing and providing pathways into sport, regardless of background, experience, social or financial ability in order to promote new opportunities and active lifestyle.
- Advancement of Conflict Resolution and Restoration by working with specialist bodies (including Hampshire Police, the Police & Crime Commissioner and Community Service providers to bring parties together and platform the grounds for understanding of one another.
- Relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage. This charitable purpose underpins the six outlined in detail above.
Stags in the Community will deliver, but not limit itself to, the following public benefit projects:
- Prevention or Relief of Poverty: Monthly breakfast and soup / bread lunch
- Advancement of Education: reading schemes, maths through sport, business enterprise, school assemblies
- Advancement of Health: Health education training, joint produced leaflets, awareness campaigns, signposting to specialist care providers and Active Living programmes such as Walking Football, Cage Cricket (to be held at The Total Branding Community Stadium)
- Advancement of citizenship or community development: sports programmes involving local police officers, volunteer programmes (stadium painting, cooking, matchday assistance, support of other programmes as deemed suitable). We will also have in place a Military Covenant, our commitment to support all those – and their families – who have served, or continue to serve, in the Armed Forces
- Advancement of Amateur Sport
- Advancement of Conflict Resolution and Restoration: bringing people together within a matchday environment, especially victims and perpetrators of crime, by offering opportunities to come together, understand disparate parties and gain grounds for understanding of one another.
- Relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage: fundraising, volunteering through partners and additional programmes as identified and agreed upon by the Trustees and Management Committee.
- Put it out there – a support programme for anyone facing issues, concerns or difficulties personally or within their family
- Movie Matinees – a monthly film afternoon showing the old classics
- Christmas Appeal – collecting toys for distribution to local children or Totton, Waterside and The Forest
- Christmas Party – for those elderly who are marginalised, excluded or isolated
- Sporting Programmes – both indoor and outdoor
(please contact for more details)
- Totton Together – a twice monthly café to come together and chat
AFC Totton is our community club; and Stags in the Community are committed to providing support, opportunity and participation for everyone within our community through the association and commitment of the club.
AFC Totton Chaplain & Stags in the Community Director
Tel: 07547 003352