Saturday, April 4

U18’s beaten by Team Solent

U18’s beaten by Team Solent

Hampshire County Youth League (U18’s) – Division 1

Sunday 6th January 2:00pm

The Testwood Community Stadium

AFC Totton 0-3 Team Solent

Despite playing their first game in 6 weeks, the young Stags put in a much improved performance against a good Team Solent side at the Testwood Stadium. Totton had an early chance when after 5 minutes Shahram Jalal burst forward but his shot from the edge of the box flew just wide of the goal.

Totton were moving the ball around well and had the better of the earlier exchanges but were not able to penetrate the Team Solent goal. After 27 minutes a Tyler Beech free kick from inside his own half was flicked on by Josh Carey to Harry Edmondson, but he shot just wide of the goal. After 34 minutes some good interplay between Jack Diaper and James Matthews played in Josh Carey. He cut the ball back from the goal line to Matt Wotton, but his shot was saved low down by the keeper.

After 40 minutes, a good run from James Matthews ended when he was taken out by a late challenge, which saw a yellow card shown to the Solent player. Team Solent almost took the lead in the second minute of stoppage time when they broke forward but saw a shot from inside the box come back off the post.

Half Time: AFC Totton 0-0 Team Solent

After 50 minutes Shahram Jalal was played through by Jack Diaper but he saw his 20 yard shot saved by the keeper. On 54 minutes, Totton keeper Mitchell Jackson made a great reflex save, tipping the ball over the bar when a Team Solent corner was headed goalward from 10 yards.

Team Solent took the lead after 56 minutes from a shot inside the box following a break forward. On 60 minutes, Team Solent scored a second from a corner. Despite Mitchell Jackson being clattered to the ground as he came for the ball, the referee allowed play to continue and the ball was knocked into the empty net.

On 67 minutes, Harry Edmondson was put through down left, but played the ball across the goal rather than shooting & the ball was cleared. Totton continued to press forward but with 83 minutes gone Team Solent scored a third. A shot from the edge of the box was parried out by keeper Mitchell Jackson, but the rebound was slotted home.

Full Time: AFC Totton 0-3 Team Solent

The young Stags are back in action on Thursday evening with a Quarter Final tie at home to Brockenhurst in the Floodlit Cup.

Please share: