Saturday, April 4

U18’s: Hants FA Midweek Floodlit Cup – Quarter Final

U18’s: Hants FA Midweek Floodlit Cup – Quarter Final

Hants FA Midweek Floodlit Cup – Quarter Final

Thursday 17th January 7:45pm

The Testwood Community Stadium

AFC Totton 2-5 Brockenhurst

The young Stags bowed out of the Floodlit Cup in what was the proverbial game of two halves. Totton started brightly and created a chance in the 1st minute of the game. Harry Edmondson won the ball in midfield, ran down the left but saw his shot from inside the box fly across the face of the goal. Totton continued to press forward and after 5 minutes Matt Wotton ran on to a through ball, but shot just wide of the goal.

After 13 mins Totton took a deserved lead when Sam Muddiman threaded the ball through to James Matthews. He latched on to the pass, ran through the middle before rounding the keeper and slotting the ball home.

On 17 minutes Brockenhurst went close, when an attack down the right ended with a shot from inside the box going just wide. Totton continued to move the ball around and create chances, but it wasn’t until the 37th minute before they made it 2-0 with the goal of the game. A flowing move saw Harry Edmondson play a cross field pass to James Matthews, who volleyed the ball home from the right edge of the penalty box.

On 42 minutes Josh Carey won the ball in the centre circle and played it wide to James Matthews. He burst down the right and crossed to Matt Wotton, but his shot was blocked by a defender. Just before half time Jack Diaper fired just wide from the edge of the box after being set up by Sam Muddiman.

Half Time: AFC Totton 2-0 Brockenhurst

The visitors pulled a goal back shortly after the break when a shot from 25 yards came back off the crossbar and the loose ball was tucked home. On 50 minutes Sam Muddiman won the ball in midfield, drove forward and saw his 25 yard shot go just wide.

Totton conceded a penalty on 60 minutes when Sam Richardson brought down the striker just inside the box. The resulting kick was scored to make it 2-2 on the night. On 66 mins Sam Richardson ran down the left wing and crossed to Matt Wotton, who flicked the ball just past the post.

After 68 minutes Brockenhurst took the lead. A throw in on the right was played inside and a shot from 20 yards flew into the top corner of the net. On 72 minutes a good flowing move saw James Matthews get down the right and cross to Matt Wotton, but his effort on goal was blocked.

After 76 minutes, Brockenhurst went close when a shot from 20 yards was saved by keeper Mitchell Jackson low down at his near post. With 5 minutes remaining Totton were punished by a mistake at the back when they failed to clear the ball and Brockenhurst made it 4-2. In the 3rd minute of stoppage time Brockenhurst scored a fifth when a ball into the box was hit past the keeper.

Full Time: AFC Totton 2-5 Brockenhurst

Please share: